Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Only a few more days!!

Only a couple more days before I leave for orientation/training (May 31st) before I leave for Addis Ababa on June 5th! I have been scurrying around like crazy preparing for this trip as God has been preparing my heart at the same time. Sometimes I am blown away at Gods perfect timing in life, as I have been able to see His involvement through my friendships, family, finances, etc. 


Thank you so much for all of you who have been willing to pray/support me financially on this journey! I am so excited to be apart of what God is already doing in Addis. You have all been such a blessing as I have felt Gods love/sovereignty through this!


For those of you who have committed to pray/would like to pray, please begin praying for team unity as I am about to meet my team mates for the first time here in a few days, please pray that God will constantly soften our hearts for the people around us and that we will not be stuck on our own agenda's but to be flexible and willing to help/serve in whatever way necessary. That we will not cling to being comfortable but willing to take those steps of uncertainty as we build new relationships/friendships so that we may be examples of Christs love,     so we are able to clearly present the Gospel. There will also be language barriers as we will be over there learning a new language: Amharic; pray that we will be patient in learning this. We will have translators available but it will be an adjustment. 


I look forward to updating this hopefully a few times a week, there will be  8-10 days in which we will be outside the city doing a VBS with street children where I will not have access to internet. Please check regularly for updates and pray much! 


Brittany  

3 comments:

  1. So looking forward to keeping up with your journey Brittany!
    I'm praying!!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this!
    Praying for you, Britt! Looking forward to hearing how God is using you, and others to further His Kingdom and mold you and others more into His like-ness.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about what God is doing in Ethiopia!

    ReplyDelete