Sunday, June 3, 2012

A few short days!!

Greetings from....Indiana! Yep, I'm still here for most of you who thought I was already in Africa :)


I have been at the Benedict Inn Retreat and Conference Center with my fellow Reach Interns! I have had the privilege of getting to know 36 other amazing men and women who are absolutely sold out for Christ, ready to go all over the world to do what God has called them to do.


Throughout this packed week of orientation we have shared heart felt testimonies, heard experiences from past interns, have played some pretty interesting/hilarious games to help us understand how to relate to different cultures, listened to many helpful speakers AND even went to a ropes course through SPICE to do some team building activities, which we rocked! 


On a side note, I have met my team for Ethiopia which I am super pumped to continue to get to know these amazing ladies (shout out to Kaitlyn, Gretchen and Keara). As we had the opportunity to take a personality test (which was characterized into animals)...I learned that we are composed of all 4: Beaver (Gretchen): the problem solver, Keara (Lion): the leader, Kaitlyn (Otter): the fun one and myself (Golden Retriever): the loyal one. YES DIVERSITY!!!


One more day left of orientation! Tuesday morning/throughout the afternoon myself, along with my team and the rest of the interns will be embarking on a journey that God has been preparing our hearts for during most of our lives.


The Lord has been faithful to continue to teach me so many things about my own heart, my imperfections and how much more I need Him on a momentary basis! This summer is going to have many challenges ahead, but I am so excited to grow in those moments of weakness. 


Thank you for all of your continued prayers and support!! Please continue to pray as we will be leaving here in a few short days for this journey. I will be updating once I reach Addis Ababa!!


No comments:

Post a Comment